Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

God will give you double for your trouble!

I am often awakened in the middle of the night thinking of the things that have been done to me and I realize there is nothing I can do about them now.  I have forgiven and have moved past those pains and trials, but there is something that I also think about and that is - God is going to give me double for my trouble.  In other words whatever you have been through in life that was unfair, unjust and hurtful, if you stay in an attitude of faith God will give those years back in double portion.  What others meant for your harm, God can turn around for your good - to me that is awesome news!

There are also things that I wished that I had done with my kids, spent more time with them, took them to church more, etc. Also relationships that have gone by the wayside because of one reason or another, not enough time spent on keeping them alive. In reading Joel Osteen's new book "It's Your Time", he explains that is the enemy trying to make me feel guilty for those things in my past.  But instead of giving in to the guilt, I need to do something far more constructive, which is to ask God for another chance, which I have.  I have prayed for God to restore the relationships, for me to put more into the time and effort and feelings required to heal it.  That if there was anything that I missed out on, he would allow me to make up for in lost time.  If we are bold enough to ask that God will restore the time we have lost.  So today I want to encourage you to do those things, pray bold prayers and your faith will be released and move God, because when we release our faith that is what moves God to act in our behalf.

Well it's a beautiful day here on Whidbey Island, it's supposed to be in the 90's - that is very warm for our area so gotta go and get my work done so I can enjoy the afternoon in the sun. Blessings to you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mary, your a great inspiration, and I thank God for you. You have know idea how many people's lives have been changed because of your testimony. I'm so glad that I saw this, because it is so on point in what I'm going thru right now. Almost every single word you've written I can relate to, and I thank God for you, it was really inspiring. Please pray for me, that I'll be able to forgive, and forget the past hurts and wrongs that have been done unto me. And, that God will restore me, and heal my heart. And, would you list what scripture your talking about, cause I reaaly need to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, I just saw this so I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your question regarding scripture. Those words are so encouraging to me and I thank you for that. I will pray for you to find forgiveness in your life, it's not easy and yes remember God's promise of giving you double for your trouble. Here are some verses that this is derived from and God Bless you!!!

      I am sure that you have heard the expression, “When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade!” Well, I want you to know that when the devil throws lemons at you, God Himself will make lemonade for you! After all, the Bible says that God works all things together for your good. (Romans 8:28)

      And He does it with style — He restores double for your trouble! Beloved, if you have lost a husband or wife through divorce, or a precious child through death, God can restore double to you, so that you end up having more than before, if not in quantity, then in quality!

      Consider Job in the Old Testament. When he lost everything, his wife told him to curse God and die. He refused and, instead, responded to God in faith, and “the Lord gave to Job twice as much as he had before”. (Job 42:10)

      When David lost the child he had with Bathsheba, he stopped pleading and started worshiping God because he trusted in the mercies of God. Later, God blessed David and Bathsheba with another son named Solomon, who became the wisest and richest king the world has ever known.

      Today, God promises to restore double for your trouble — “Even today I declare that I will restore double to you.” If He declared it, He will do it! So you cannot but have hope that things will be even better than before. That is why in the same verse, He calls you “prisoners of hope”. My friend, hope in the biblical sense means a confident expectation of good things happening in your life. You are a prisoner of that! You can’t help but wake up feeling hopeful. You can’t help but expect good things to happen to you!

      So when trouble comes from the devil, don’t give up and say, “It is hopeless!” Don’t worry or get angry. Worship God like David did and see that trouble as an opportunity for God to bless you with more than what you originally had. And because God has declared it, be confident that you will get double for your trouble!

      Thought For The Day
      Because God has declared it, be confident that you will get double for your trouble!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts here.........