Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Friday, September 28, 2012

Halloween approaches then Thanksgiving then Christmas.....yahoo!

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, it was when I was a young child.  I loved getting all that candy and then coming home and dumping my bag on my bed, I can still remember my sisters and I trading for the ones we liked the best.  It was such fun and my kids enjoyed this holiday as well.  But as we get older and in my case ancient.....:) we don't see this holiday as something that is of much significance.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is definitely a fun holiday for children, because unlike any other day this is the day they get to pig out on candy and it's ok.  The dark side is that it's all about ghost and witches and well, I just don't like celebrating something that is of an evil nature.  But having said that it is almost upon us, and I can't wait to see my younger grandkids in their chosen outfits this year.

The other holiday after Halloween in Thanksgiving, now that is a special one because on that day we give extra special thanks to our Creator - God for all the blessings we have received throughout the year.  For me it's always large numbers because I can thank him for getting me out of bed for the last 365 days......:)  Seriously, I have so much to be thankful for, nine adorable grandchildren, two handsome and awesome sons who are wonderful fathers, husbands and hard workers. Then there are their wives who are angels to say the least.  My daughter who is my pride and joy with all her talent and sense of humor, this girl makes me laugh sometimes till it hurts.  She has such a spontaneous personality and I love her dearly.  I love all my children and believe God has blessed me beyond measure, then there are my grandkids each and every one of them are special in their own sense of the word.  I pray for God's blessings to pour upon them each and every day.  Then I was gifted with a man who loves me very much - Larry.  He is my friend and confidant.  What else can a person ask for but awesome sisters who I can call or text at anytime of the day and know they are there for me.  Thank you Jesus.

That brings me to Christmas - my favorite.  It's such a wonderful time around here because we usually have snow on the ground and that makes Christmas just a little bit more beautiful. I love the gathering of my family when they can all come over.  I am praying and hoping this year all my children and grandchildren will be here, it will be so special and the memories that will remain in my heart will be priceless.  That to me is all the gift that I will ever need or want.

So, having said that I wanted to share a new hub with all of you.  It's my third one on handmade ornaments to make for Christmas, it's called "Adorable handmade Christmas ornaments".  This hub has links to the other two where I feature  more ornament ideas as well.

I also have a website with a few "free patterns" you may like as well.  It's Artists Website, so be sure to check those out and maybe you can get some ideas on what to make for those special people on your list this year.  When you go to the website, go to the navigation bar on the left and click on "Free patterns & more" to get the PDF files of the patterns, then just click on them and download the files.  Easy!

Until next time - may God's face shine upon you and bless you today and forever!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........