Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Friday, November 16, 2012

Giving Thanks during uncertain times.......

It's really tough to give thanks when you feel that things aren't going your way, or perhaps you don't have that job you have been wanting.  I know, believe me.  I have been unemployed for over 2 years now after the real estate market basically came to a halt.  I made the decision to get out of that profession because I felt like I was spinning my wheels and I was not making any sales or income.  So here I am a couple of years later and what has the Lord done in my life, well do you have a few hours?

Anyway, what I have been able to do is spend more time creating and being home with my husband who I feel needs me more than ever.  See, Larry is diabetic and his meals are very important so I have more time to prepare the type of meals that he needs.  Also I've been busy as a bee creating Angels of every kind possible for the holidays.  I am looking for work online mainly, writing or other type of work so I am busy at least.  But back to my point of giving thanks, I do have so much to be thankful for and I will explain what those things are.

Namely my family, my three grown children who I adore.  They all have their busy lives but every time they say I love you mom, well my heart beats faster, you know what I am talking about.  Then my adorable grandchildren.  I spent the day with my granddaughter Macie yesterday and we had so much fun.  We had lunch at McDonalds, then went to the park to play a bit, then came home and made cupcakes, which she so proudly tells everyone, I added the marshmellows on the top.  She is a blessing to me and I wouldn't trade those times for anything in the world.  So being unemployed, well has it's great moments.

I am also thankful for my husband Larry, he is such a great man, he cuts wood for me to make my Angels or anything else for that matter.  He is there ready and willing and loves doing it.  I love him with all my heart and I hope that we have many more years together, traveling and just being together.  Thank you Jesus for this awesome man you have blessed me with.

Then there is my friend Carolyn, she is such a beautiful person.  She has some health issues right now and I always keep her in prayer for healing.  We have coffee every Tuesday and we really enjoy the time together which is when we can vent and just share what has been going on in our lives.  We see eachother at church on Sundays to and get to go to breakfast, but it's not the same when it's just the two of us.  Thank you Jesus for sending a friend that never judges me and just listens when I need to talk to someone.  Same goes for my sisters, I have a bunch of them....he he he.  They are all my friends and I just wished that we communicated more often, but they too have busy lives.  They have a special place in my heart that is for sure, my two brothers too.

I wanted to thank Jesus for the gifts he has empowered me with.  I love taking photographs, making angels and just making beautiful things for others.  I know it honors him greatly when I do this and I will never take that for granted. My faith is strengthened when I see big smiles on the faces of those that are touched by a certain gift that I made, it brings so much joy to my heart and I know it does to God as well. 

So I hope that whatever you are going through this Thanksgiving day, be sure to look inside and find the good in you and others.  Find the things that God has blessed you with and share them, and I am sure they are many.  Jobs come and go, but what you do with what you have right now is what is important.  Make sure that you use all your God given resources to do the best you can, who knows maybe this is a way for you to start that new business that you have always wanted to, or start a new career....just look to God and he will guide and show you, if you will trust Him.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving - and God Bless you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........