Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Monday, November 26, 2012

Our after Thanksgiving Tamale making party!

Did I mention yet that I was a blessed woman?  Well, if I haven't done that lately I need to tell you that is a fact, God is awesome and he has blessed me with amazing friends.  Two of these ladies joined me on Sunday afternoon after our church service to make my mom's homemade tamales.  It was an afternoon of fun, laughter and lots of work plus a glass of wine which helped to keep us going.....:)

I made chicken and pork and my friend Carolyn just made chicken, and Val made pork so we had quiet the assembly line going on my kitchen breakfast nook.  It was a beautiful day too, the sun was shining and the hubbies were watching football, folks it just doesn't get any better than this.  So needless to say I made about 7 dozen total and each of them a little less than that, especially Val's tamales, she made them HUGE!! I believe in my heart they really enjoyed the time together and learning a new mexican dish, one that I was taught as a child in south Texas.  My mom used to get up really early in the morning like around 4:30 to begin making these delicious tamales, we loved them.  I guess that is why I enjoy sharing these recipes so much because they take me back to when I was a child and I loved watching my mom make them and loved eating them too. 

So here is a photo Larry took of us all around the table making tamales.....memories I will cherish for a lifetime!  Blessings to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........