Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The day after the election.....

Top of the morning to you friends.  For the past couple of years I have been following politics pretty closely I may add, hoping that of course my candidate would win the final vote, but he did not.  My heart goes out to Mitt and Paul and all the others who worked so hard during this campaign.  But, because of the negative protrayal that the other side painted of these two, along with other issues they were not victorious.  I was sad, disappointed and very discouraged last night as I knelt and prayed to God the Father.  I truly felt betrayed and afraid for our country, still do.  But, after my prayer - I can honestly say that I do not feel those emotions any longer, because I know that there is a higher purpose - God's purpose.  God has always been faithful and will never leave us, he will always work a bad situation and turn it to the good for those who love him and are called according to His Purpose.  He was able to get that deep into my bones and I felt like even though this was not what I wanted, God has a plan.  I have a strong feeling this is a test on our faith as American's.  We have tried at every turn to take God out of our lives and our country, God maybe showing us what will happen if we keep him completely out.  Also that we rely too much on government, we are headed in the wrong direction in so many ways, economically and spiritually but only the next four years will tell.  Do we trust God or do we trust our government?  That is the question and it's as clear as a bell for me, I will always trust God. This life on earth is only temporary and it might be painful, but I am a child of the Most High God and I will trust Him with all my heart and soul.

The other thing I struggled with was "God, why did you allow this to happen".  This is a natural human reaction, because I was hurting.  Because I see so many things that this President stands for that go against the will of God.  He then showed me that I will only find a fulfilling and comforting answer when I seek His wisdom and truth. If I apply his word to my every day life, ask for His viewpoint on this situation, then use scriptural principles that He teaches, I will be able to endure these painful circumstances and grow through them.  I am not alone, He assures me of this.  So instead of feeling like a victim, even though I had tears last night, I can face today, because joy comes in the morning.  I can face it with joy, peace and expectancy, confident in His promise that He will reward my faithfulness and something worthwhile will come of this pain.

So after an evening of prayer, followed by a morning of reading scripture and more payer, He calmed my spirit and heart.  I cannot change the elections outcome, but I can change my attitude about this situation and to keep on hoping and praying that this President will follow God's will and not his own.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........