Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Monday, January 28, 2013

Don't ever give up on your child......keep believing that they will be saved!

Good day everyone! This particular subject is very close to my heart because I have been praying and believing God for my unsaved children and grandchildren. Slowly but surely God has come around and answered some of my prayers and I am forever grateful to Him for that.  I see God working in a mighty way in my families lives and it warms my heart to no end.  But it wasn't always like this, and that is why I decided to write this post. See my dear friend Carolyn gave me a prayer that say's it all one day.  She is my sweet friend who I have coffee with all the time. We both share these prayers for our families salvation, so we can one day after this life is over and done with, we can be together in God's presence.

So here is the prayer that she copied for me -  it goes like this:

Don't you worry, God knows exactly how to apprehend your children.  And when the time comes, He'll do it,  after all, you weren't in your prayer closet when He found you!  But until then, you must stand fast in faith for them.  No matter what they get into, no matter how far off the track they seem to be, just keep saying what the Bible says about them.  Keep your eyes focused on the covenant mercy of God and not on the symptoms of ungodliness that you see in their lives.

Don't ever give up on your child!  If you've gotten weak and discouraged lately, it's time for you to get the fire back in your bones.  Dig into the Word of God and dig out the promises He's given you for your children.  Lay hold of those promises and don't let go.

Learn to call things that are not as though they were (Romans 4:17).  When you hear bad news about your children or you see them do something that hurts your heart, just say:  "God, I thank you that Your tender mercy hovers over my child.  I thank You Lord that he is born again, filled with the Holy Ghost and obedient to You. I thank you that Your Word is in his mouth (Isaiah 59:21), that he is taught by Your Spirit and great is his peace (Isaiah 54:13). I am not moved by what I feel or what I see.  I am moved by Your Word and I call it done in Jesus' Name!"

You have a covenant with God that covers your children.  So rejoice!!! God will be faithful to you.  One day your boy or girl will be going about their business doing their own thing when suddenly - "Psssst" - they'll hear the voice of God.  When that happens - they'll come running - you can count on it!

I encourage you today to begin thinking and praying like this and reading as much as you can to equip you with God's word and what his promises are for our lives.  Joel Osteen is a great writer and inspirational speaker who has lived by these set of principles that were taught to him by his father, here are a few books that may interest you on this awesome subject - God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........