Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Making time for the things we love to do.....and of course family!

It's a tough thing to be able to balance work, family activities on a day to day basis.  It was much harder for me of course when my three kids were younger and my ex-husband was on cruises all the time while he was in the Navy.  I was over worked and always stressed out in my day to day life because the whole load was on my shoulders.  I know this sounds so familiar with some of you out there that have husbands were are in the military and they are deployed from time to time.  I only wished that while I was going through those tough times I would have placed the Lord as front and center instead of just trying to do it all on my own.  I learned a valuable lesson from those days and now I can honestly say that my life is pretty mellow and there is a peace that I cannot explain to you which comes from walking closer with the Lord.  See I place him first in my daily activities, I get up and pray, grab my favorite cup of coffee and then I read his word.  Since I have been doing this, which is now almost 10 years, my time and days are much more pleasant and so am I.

Mind you there are times when I just get up and pray because of early obligations that I must attend, but for the most part I do my best to honor God each morning the best way that I can, and he loves that.

So, my tip of the day if you will is to get right with God each morning, and ask for His guidance through the power of the Holy Spirit, ask him to show you what is most important and to give you the strength and ability to do it.  I always add in my prayer for him to show me someone who I can bless or just make smile that day. 

By honoring God and keeping him first in your life I know you will begin to see a big difference in the way things happen during the day.  You will begin to notice you have more time to do the things that you truly enjoy instead of working and rushing all the time.  Now those of you with small children, it's a bit harder to get enough time with your spouse when the kids are young.  But, remember God wants you to have a good marriage and if you place him in the center of each of your hearts - well God's been known to make miracles happen even when things seemed impossible.  So trust and obey, keep him first and your family next and you will see amazing changes for the better.  God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........