Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Friday, April 26, 2013

Being comforted in order to comfort........



In life there will be trials the Lord tells us in scripture. There will also be people in our lives from time to time who we thought we could count on in those times, and they disappoint, for reasons beyond anyone’s control.  When faced with needing comfort our Heavenly Father is always there, you can count on Him.

I have found in my own life that in my darkest of days getting on my knees and praying out to God is all I need.  After the tears and sadness, I gain a sense of peace in my spirit.  It’s hard to explain but very real and very comforting.  I still look to others, like my husband, my family or friends and they have been there for me and have given me much support and comfort.  But sometimes only the comfort of God is what we need to be able to move on with our lives.

It’s taken me a long time to learn and put into action this principle, and I thank God each and every day that he has shown me and given me discernment as to when and when not to share some things with others.  If I’ve been struggling with a decision to make, for instance, through the power of the Holy Spirit He will show me what to do.  It will always be for the best of everyone concerned, and sometimes you will not realize that for some time.  

Remember the flesh wants to tell everyone everything that you are going through, for sympathy.  But Jesus prefers us to only go to the person who is part of the problem and address them in a loving and direct way.  He also doesn’t want us telling others just for the sake of gossip, he hates gossip.

What will happen is we will gain the ability to comfort others when they are hurting in similar situations.  The Holy Spirit empowers us with those extra qualities that are sometimes not so easy to acquire on our own. They are the fruits of the Spirit:  love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control” Galations 5:22-23.  These fruits are given to us when we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior. If you haven't received this awesome gift yet, maybe today is the day!!!



Free pattern today is easy to knit dishclothes.  They can be made from cotton, the multi-colored ones really look nice.  So enjoy the pattern and until next time, may God be gracious unto you and your family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........