Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Can God use little old me to draw others to Himself?



Greetings everyone, as I near the end of the book I mentioned in my last post “Lead me, Holy Spirit”, I find myself feeling a bit sad.  I enjoy my morning devotionals and looking forward to the next chapter in this amazing book.  I will give it back to my friend Carolyn next week when we meet for coffee, since she is the one who lent this book to me to read.  I know she too will be blessed by it as much as I have been.

In the last few weeks I have noticed that the Holy Spirit is truly alive and well in me, I find myself praying more, even during the day while I am trying to get things done around the house.  I find that my attitude about housework has changed, which is very unusual because I clearly do not like or enjoy housework.  But, now I am doing it unto the Lord and believe it or not, that changes things.  I am more aware of my actions and words.  See, when the Holy Spirit comes to reside in you, your life will never be the same.  I am experiencing it first hand and I can honestly tell you that is something to sing about and give God praise!

The last part of the book talks about how God can use us all.  Even if we are not that well educated, can speak in front of a large crowd, or have great social skills.  The book says not to be afraid of what the Holy Spirit might do in and through you.  Be afraid of what your life will be like if God’s will is not done.  That is a very sobering statement which truly makes us search out motives, actions and how we view God’s will in our lives. See, the Holy Spirit will always lead us toward wholeness and spiritual maturity.  The main reason God does that is not only for our greatest good, but also to bless others.  God wants to use us to help others and point them to Christ.  But because we think we are not fit to do that, we will make all kinds of excuses like “I can’t speak that well in front of others”,  or “I am shy”, “I don’t want to offend anyone”, or the best one which I know I have used myself is “I am not comfortable talking to others about spiritual things”. Forget all that, God is going to equip you for anything that He has for you to do, did you hear me I will say it again, He’s going to equip you, isn’t that awesome!!! Can I get an Amen anyone?

If you truly want to be used by God and be led by the Holy Spirit, I want to again encourage you to keep in the word, and to possibly pick up Stormie Omartian’s book or other books out there that speak of the leading of the Holy Spirit and how to listen to God.  It will straighten your faith and encourage you to be bolder in your sharing of what He has done in your life.  If God could use the Apostle Paul, who was Saul and he was an executor of Christians, he can certainly use us – now can’t he?

Today in the craft department I want to share a very cool pattern of my adorable re-cycled Diet Coke Angel ornament.  She is made from a leftover diet coke can that you cut out and then hot glue together.  She has heart shaped wings and holds a bright star in her hands.  You will love making her so check out the hub with all the detailed instructions and make lots of these for family and friends.  Blessings and until next time – God Bless!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........