Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Friday, November 29, 2013

I am thankful for so much this year - how about you?

Happy Thanksgiving, I know I am a day late and a dollar short!! We are having our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, so that my daughter Michelle could join us from Seattle.  We don't get to see her very often so it is going to be a treat.  I do hope that all of you had a wonderful dinner and gave thanks for the many blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon you and your family.

I know I have so much to be thankful for it's hard to begin.  But I will with the fact that no matter what comes my way I am so thankful that the Lord is with me to go through it.  No matter how disappointed I maybe about a situation, he is there with me.  That is so comforting to me.  Also thankful for my family that I love dearly, the grandkids all 9 of them, some I get to see often, others live far away.  But I lift them up to the Lord each and every day so I know they are in good hands - Praise God.  I have their photos in the front opening of my "Grandma Bible" that my dear friend Caroline gave me a few weeks ago, she is such a sweetie. There are prayers in the bible for each day to pray for your grandkids and their salvation, spiritual growth, talents, courage, etc.  It's very cool and I love it.

Thankful for my friends and sisters that love me and listen to me even when I am rattling off or go off key in one way or another, especially my friend Caroline. We have coffee every Tuesday and she is such a great listener and has so much wisdom it's hard to explain. She is truly an angel sent to me from God.  Thankful for my husband who loves me unconditionally, listens to me and just nods his head at times, and laughs when I do something really stupid.  He is my rock and I thank God for him each and every day.

Thankful for my daughter Michelle who is my friend and makes me laugh when I need a good one.  She is so witty and fun and is a blessing from God as well.  Thankful for my two sons, Sean and Jason and their wives, Krista and Mandy, respectively, who are such awesome caring and talented men.  The Lord has blessed them with such beautiful children who are all so talented, gifted and favored by God. 

The other thing I am grateful for is to have a part-time job this Christmas season for a little extra spending money.  I am working at "A Knot In Thyme" for the month of December in the gift shop.  It is such a fun and beautiful place to work, they sell beautiful Christmas Trees, Holly Wreaths and so many other items in the gift shop that include; candles, tea blends, dips, ornaments, ceramic birds, jewelry, handmade soaps, and so much more.  They are even carrying my handmade "Seashell Angels" this year. 








 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........