Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Monday, December 15, 2014

What does humility really mean?

Good question! Our Pastor in our church this past Sunday demonstrated the very act Jesus performed over two thousand years ago with his disciples, he washed the feet of three of our church leaders.  He washed the feet of an older very wise lady, of an African American gentlemen who does so much for our community, and a Hispanic gentleman who spreads the word of God to others like there was no tomorrow.  These three have given their lives to bring others to the Lord and our Pastor humbly washed their feet and prayed for them at the 9:00 service.  Wow this is humility at it's best!

I constantly ask God to humble me especially when I start to feel greed or bad feelings start to stir up in my spirit.  See lately my relationship with two of my sisters has been strained.  I don't understand their animosity towards me because I have always tried my best to show them love and respect and have shown them grace. But for some reason that grace does not find it's way back to me.  They are in my prayers constantly and what the Lord has shown me through this ordeal is humility.  He reminded me of James 4:10 "Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you. Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it".…bingo!! So, I got the message Lord, I am trying and with the help of the Holy Spirit I know I can overcome anything that comes my way.  Amen.  So I will love them from afar and will only want the best for them. Thank you Jesus for your word and how it helps me to be lifted when I am feeling sad or hurt.  You are my strength.

Now I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.  It's going to be a great year - a year closer to seeing our Lord and Savior - Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........