Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Turmeric the natural arthrities pain reliever!



Turmeric is the best arthritis medicine ever!  I am 61 years old and truly love life.  I love my family and love doing things around the house.  But, about a year ago I noticed it was hard to just lift myself out of my chair.  My knees and sometimes my hips would give me some issues.  Not to mention my back, but that’s a whole other story, because that is muscular. I have arthritis in my left knee from an injury I had years ago.   Anyway, It got to the point where I knew I had to do something about it.  At night I would rub cream on my knee in the middle of the night for relief.  Enough was enough
. 
I began researching some things online about arthritis and natural remedies and came across Turmeric on a number of websites.   It kept popping up all the time,  so I read all of the benefits of taking this “spice” if you will, because that is what it is, not a supplement or a medicine but a spice.  I was so impressed with what I read that I knew I had to give it a try.  Oh my gosh, after only a few weeks I didn’t have as much knee pain as I had before, only occasionally.  My hips also stopped hurting, I was so happy I could dance.  I have been telling all my friends and family about it and some of them have also tried it and experienced relief as well.  There are a couple drawbacks though, one, as in the case of my husband.  He takes warfarin and Turmeric counteracts with warfarin, so he can’t take it which is a shame because I know he would get relief for his aches and pains too.  The other drawback is that those individuals with gallstones or bile obstruction should not take turmeric.  It is always very important to consult your doctor before taking any additional supplements. 

So now that I’ve told you my short story, now I’d like to explain those benefits and how to take Turmeric. At first I tried the “Nature’s Made” brand of turmeric that you find at your local Walmart.  This is very inexpensive and only has 50mg of curcuminoids, which is the substance that helps with the pain and inflammation.  Later I researched it more extensively and found that  you also need black pepper to take with the turmeric for it to work more effectively.  So I finally found the right combination of turmeric and black pepper at Costo.  Costco sells “You Theory” Turmeric which has 95% curcuminoids and enhanced with black pepper that increases the bio availability of the ingredients.  Curcuminoids are a special group of antioxidants known for their strong anti-inflammatory effects.   So I take 1 tablet twice a day with meals.
Benefits stated on bottle:

  • ·         Anti-inflammatory
  • ·         Efficient antioxidant
  • ·         Helps the immune system
  • ·                    Curcuminoids are protected with enteric coating

·         Curcuminoids are protected with enteric coating
There are many other benefits I found in my research from taking turmeric/curcumin, may help to reduce or stop:

  • ·         Brain tumors
  • ·         Prostate cancer
  • ·         Skin cancer
  • ·         Leukemia
  • ·         Multiple melanoma
  • ·         Chemo enhancer
  • ·         Alzheimers prevention
  • ·         Eye health
  • ·         Weight loss
  • ·         Natural pain killer
  • ·         Anti-inflammatory
  • ·         Liver health
  • ·         Parkinsons disease
  • ·         Multiple sclerosis
  • ·         Psoriasis
  • ·         Helps depression
  • ·         Stomach issues
  • ·         Better sleep

There certainly has been a lot of research on this magic spice.  In India it’s been used for over 2500 years.  They use it in their recipes for curry and many other Indian dishes.  I’ve personally tried the tea and love it too.  But, taking the pill form works better for my situation.

Since I’ve been taking the “You Theory” Turmeric my knee pain is gone and so is my hip pain.  I occasionally get some muscle pain in my back when I over extend myself, but that is different and I can deal with it with a massage or creams.  This really works for me and if you are also in pain, I hope you will give it a try.  Be sure to check with your doctor first.  Start living life again to the fullest – best of luck and God Bless.  

You can get it at Amazon or Costo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........