Our Savior

Our Savior
The beauty of nature is medicine to the soul

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Pray for the firefighters!

 Today I received a very scary alert on my phone, it took me back a bit.  It was a fire emergency evacuation alert for the Bolt Creek Fire near Skykomish.  This is a few hours away from where I live and it brought the fires even closer to home for me.  I am asking for a special prayer today for all the fire fighters out there that are risking their lives to put out these fires.  I guess this particular fire has already burned 2500 acres as of Saturday Sept. 10th.  It is probably much larger by now.  We are surrounded by fires here in the Pacific Northwest it seems with Oregon, Idaho and California there are so many it's no wonder we are having very bad air quality and even bad haze in the sky.  We are all in need of God's helping hands.

Dear Heavenly Father, we place everyone that is helping in fighting the fires in your hands.  Protect them and give them the courage and strength to do the job before them.  Keep all the families in hams way safe and comforted in these trying and dangerous times.  We ask these things in Jesus name - Amen. 

Well, today I want to introduce to you my "Cozy Girls Knitted Fingerless Gloves" pattern, so easy and you can whip these up in no time.  Hope you get to make tons of these before Christmas, they make very nice gifts for the gals in your family.





Materials:  1 skein 100% acrylic sports yarn (Caron Simply Soft) works great

Size 6.5 US or 4mm knitting needles

Plastic sewing needle - and pearls (optional)

Woman's Size:

Cast on 36 stitches onto needle

Knit each row until piece measures approximately 6.5'

Sew up sides leaving about 1-1/2' hole for thumb. Ties off and weave in ends.  Make 2

Teen's Size:

Cast on 32 stitches

Knit each row until piece measures approx. 6"

Sew up sides leaving 1" hole for thumb.  Tie off and weave in ends.  Make 2

Child's Size:

Cast on 28 stitches

Knit each row until piece measures approx. 5.5"

Sew up sides leaving a 1" hole for thumb.  Tie off and weave in ends.  Make 2

 If you would like to have this in a printed PDF please go to my Etsy Shop.  I am offering 50% off my "knit and crochet" patterns all this month.  Do pass this along to others, I would love the company!

May God's face shine upon you and keep you and your family safe always.

Blessings

Mary

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here.........